Bench & Slit Technician
We currently have an opening for a Bench & Slit Technician to work in our manufacturing facility and report to a Production Manager. The schedule is 8:00 am – 4:30 pm Monday – Friday.
- Perform bench-type processes to complete bench sub-assemblies using current, released, assembly instruction
- Perform light source sub-assemblies using current, released, assembly instructions
- Maintain KanBan levels
- Assist in building various slit assemblies as needed
- Bond optical components
- Report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor/lead
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations
- Complete tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules with minimum supervision
- May work at different workstations as production needs require, or from one station to another, during the training process
- All work is performed in a manufacturing environment
Education and Qualifications
- Minimum 1-year related manufacturing experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Attention to detail, good dexterity, ability to multi-task, ability to work alone and/or in groups
- Optics background is a plus
- Troubleshooting skills is a plus
- Ability to learn new skills in a timely manner, interpret visual aids and work overtime when needed
- Ability to navigate basic computer software
- Good English reading comprehension
We offer excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, paid holidays and time off, flexible spending accounts and 401(k) plan.
Come be part of a flexible, forward-thinking work environment that encourages skilled, highly motivated professionals to put their ideas to work in developing and supporting the most innovative line of photonics technologies on the market.
If this interests you, please forward your resume with salary requirements to [email protected]. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Ocean Optics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.