Segment Business Development Manager
Ocean Optics is seeking an experienced Business Development Manager, reporting to the Global Director of Strategic Accounts.
Based in Largo, Florida, the selected candidate for this role will support a growing segment based business. The goal is to grow sales by driving new opportunities, as well as supporting existing accounts to maximize revenue.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Grow sales in the US into pre-determined market segments
- Be the principal customer liaison, ensuring that all agreed objectives are met with on time delivery
- Work closely with engineers and operations to deliver projects on time/on budget
- Identify and evaluate potential new accounts, and make recommendations to Sales Management whether to engage actively as a commercial prospect
- Identify and attend key tradeshows, and other related scientific/marketing events, engaging with key external stakeholders
- Generate proposals and lead value-based pricing negotiations
- Create customer scorecards for all key accounts with half year updates
- Work with sales leadership to identify key strategic initiatives and areas for improvement; translate into actionable goals with supporting activities for each; implement dashboards/reports/tracking
- Identify the decision-makers within client organizations, researching & building relationships with new clients through face-to-face and web-based meetings
- Strategically plan approaches and presentations, working with multi-skilled teams to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns and objectives
- Perform all necessary follow-up, to overcome any obstacles to arriving at a mutually beneficial negotiated agreement
- Identify opportunities for campaigns services and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- B.S. degree in a technical subject. Higher-level technical degree is preferred.
- Technical solutions-based sales experience, with a proven track record on demanding projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of working with technology-driven firms in new product introduction and multiple channel distribution
- Demonstrated success in achieving quotas and/or targets
- Strong analytical skills
Any applicant must be permanently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
We offer a flexible, dynamic atmosphere and excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, paid holidays, paid time off, flexible spending accounts and 401(k) profit sharing/savings plan.
Please forward your resume to [email protected]. Ocean Optics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.