Buyer – Planner
Ocean Optics is searching for a Buyer-Planner to report to the Purchasing Manager in Winter Park, FL. The successful candidate will manage and assume responsibility for component and finished goods supply of multiple different product lines, planning and buying for materials requirements and ensuring flow of materials to the production floor and customer.
- Perform material requirements planning through high interaction/coordination with manufacturing personnel and external suppliers
- Driving forward our Lean Conversion by implementing consignment, Kanban, just-in-time, postponement and other materials strategies to reduce inventory while increasing delivery
- Provide materials support by coordinating and scheduling material purchase orders based on production needs/Kanban pulls
- Check requisitions and purchase orders for completeness and clarity. Obtain necessary missing information where required
- Effectively manage material requirement changes resulting from Engineering Change Notifications (ECNs), product End of Life (EOL) or product End of Support (EOS)
- Maintain integrity of Oracle data and manage inventory; maintain accuracy of inventory transactions throughout entire planning process
- Analyze and enter component purchase price that accurately represents the quoted price from the Supplier
- Participate in the Daily Management process by taking full ownership of exceeding delivery and inventory targets
- Provide support to the manufacturing line by resolving all material issues in a timely manner and interfacing with materials group, customer service, quality, and suppliers to insure all customer needs are met or exceeded
- Train and facilitate the upgrade of the Kanban system to improve inventory turns and eliminate part shortages
- Participate on new product development teams by focusing on the material needs of the project
- Assist Quality in obtaining RMA # from suppliers and address delivery issues through Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCAR) process
- Manage vendor relationships, performance and delivery with internal partners and lead matrix management efforts and initiatives
- Assess and build annual sourcing initiatives that provide detailed service commodity strategies that identify objectives, leverage spend initiative, and milestone timelines
- Expedite and follow up or material orders
- Work closely with Production to process customer orders as quickly as possible
- Conduct clerical duties as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain preferred; BS/BA degree or 2-3 years of equivalent professional experience in buying and planning function
- Basic understanding of MRP, cycle counts, BOM’s, ECO process, item attributes, etc.
- Distribution or Manufacturing environment experience strongly preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedures, schematics, BOM, etc.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and drawings preferred
- Highly proficient in Excel and other Microsoft applications (PPT, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience working in ISO environment
- Pull system/Kanban system, JIT, Min/Max MRP system working knowledge required/ implementation preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- International experience preferred
- ERP experience, preferably Oracle
Why to Work at Ocean Optics
We offer a flexible, dynamic atmosphere and excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, paid holidays, paid time off, flexible spending accounts and 401(k) profit sharing/savings plan.
How to Apply
Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
If this interests you, please forward your resume to [email protected]. Ocean Optics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.