Senior Software Engineer
The Senior Software Engineer will support the development and implementation of the Ocean Optics vision and will help with day to day technical activities and projects in the engineering team and report to the Director of Software and Electrical Engineering. Also, will help his/her team will raise the operational, technological, and performance bar by providing technical leadership and mentoring less experienced engineers.
The person in this role must truly have a passion for Ocean Optics and for quality and deliveries. Additionally, a successful candidate will recognize the value of our people, knowledge, innovation, and collaborative efforts within the company. The Senior Software Engineer will be a technical leader ensuring that the Software engineering team can work effectively towards its goals.
- Be a technical resource to the team by helping them learn new technologies, design patterns, and best practices.
- Build a great culture across the team and in relation to other teams.
- Foster the culture of innovation and adoption of newer technologies on spectrometer landscape.
- Drive architecture discussions and planning with engineering and product teams.
- Work with product management to deliver high value, widely adopted spectrometer features to empower customers with right decisions and answers.
- Influence and motivate teams to be adoptive to change.
Required Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of software engineering experience with a proven track record on technically demanding projects.
- Ability to clarify ambiguous customer requests into deliverable specifications.
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field. (or equivalent experience)
Required at least one of:
- Low level (C and/or C++)
- High level software (C# and/or Java)
- Experience in building scientific and industrial grade technical solutions.
- Extensive knowledge of spectroscopy applications.
- Cloud (Amazon Cloud/AI)
How to Apply
Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
We offer excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, paid holidays and time off, flexible spending accounts and 401(k) plan. Ocean Optics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please forward your resume with salary requirements to [email protected].