We currently have an opening for a Spectrometer Technician to work in our Winter Park manufacturing facility and report to a Production Manager. The schedule is 7:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Thursday, 7:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Friday. The new position is based in Winter Park, Florida.
Role and Responsibilities
- Use in house software applications to program circuit boards and calibrate light measuring devices
- Perform bench-type processes to complete mechanical, optical and electrical assemblies and sub-assemblies, using hand tools, and electronic and pneumatic tooling
- Report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations
- Complete tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules with minimum supervision
- Work performed in a shop environment
- May work at different workstations as production needs require, or move from one station to another, during the assembly process
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Minimum 3-year related factory experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Attention to detail, able to use soldering tools, good dexterity, ability to multi-task, and ability to work alone and in groups
- Use and be familiar with assembly and measuring tools, interpret visual aids and must be able to perform simple shop math
- Electro-optical assembly background a plus
- Ability to learn new skills in a timely manner, interpret visual aids and work overtime when needed
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
How to Apply
Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
We offer excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, paid holidays and time off, flexible spending accounts and 401(k) plan.
Come be part of a flexible, forward-thinking work environment that encourages skilled, highly motivated professionals to put their ideas to work in developing and supporting the most innovative line of photonics technologies on the market.
Please forward your resume with salary requirements to [email protected]. Ocean Optics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.