Website Content Internship
Ocean Optics combines innovative products and systems with Applied Spectral Knowledge (ASK) to help people solve problems in health, safety, and the environment.
Using knowledge of spectroscopy, imaging and sensing technologies, we help customers control harmful emissions, fight food fraud, authenticate products, monitor vital signs, lower production costs, protect water quality, preserve artifacts, and many more. Our devices can be embedded into other devices to monitor desired conditions in situ with remote data access points.
We “Unlock the Unknown”.
We are looking for the right candidate to fulfill a part-time paid internship. Ideally, the applicant should be currently enrolled in Web Development, Digital Marketing, Web Design, Graphic Design, or a related subject programm. The position is based in Largo, FL (Tampa Bay area).
- Drive company’s growth through effective digital marketing and ecommerce
- Deliver world class digital experience to our customers
- Gain practical web and digital marketing experience in a global technology solutions and science driven company.
- You will be part of the Global Marketing Team, working on web and digital marketing projects.
- You will have the opportunity to apply your skills to improve our website, UX, digital and social online presence of the company.
- You, the Participant, will assume an integral role in the placement and updating of content for Ocean Optics websites.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain and improve existing websites
- Assist with the monitoring of websites to ensure uptime; if an issue arises assist with resolving the issue
- Update the websites’ content and ecommerce
- Coordinate content and layout on the site
- Act in a quality assurance role to ensure a uniform display and maintain functionality
- Troubleshoot problems and manage updates in a timely manner and in coordination with vendor resources as appropriate
- Collaborate with back-end developers, external vendors and web designers to improve usability
- Execute on-page and on-site SEO best practices as directed
- Collaborate and work with other team members and stakeholders to accomplish web goals
- Support the implementation of the Marketing strategy based on direction from manager
- Help with consolidating feedback from, and build solutions for, users and customers and develop recommendations for website enhancements
- Working knowledge of CMS or displaying an ability to learn and navigate CMS quickly
- Interest in learning about web and digital development above all
- Ability to function as a contributing team member and interact positively and openly with peers and other departments in a fast-paced, multitasking environment
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated
- Ability to learn, take direction, and handle critiques
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Organized and detail oriented, with a focus on quality and consistency
- Ability to work under fluid deadlines and complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Ability to set priorities and work effectively to manage deadlines on projects and tasks
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of SEO principles
- Understanding of layout aesthetics
- MS Office proficiency
- Bachelor’s degree (or working towards) or equivalent experience preferably in Web Development, Digital Marketing, Web Design, Graphic Design, or a related subject
Experience with any of the following is a plus
- Markup languages, including HTML4/5 and CSS2/3
- XML and XSLT
- Email coding and best practices
How to Apply
Come be part of a flexible, forward-thinking work environment that encourages skilled, highly motivated professionals to put their ideas to work in developing and supporting the most innovative line of photonics technologies on the market.
Ocean Optics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please forward your resume to [email protected].