I cannot get the Ocean FX to work with OceanView using Windows 7.
In some circumstances, Windows 7 cannot find the USB driver files for Ocean FX spectrometers. One solution for this issue is to copy the driver files to the correct location as detailed below:
- If open, close OceanView and connect the Ocean FX USB cable and power cable.
- Using Windows Explorer go to the directory Program Files\Ocean Optics\OceanView\offline
- Copy two files titled “ooi_oceanfx.cat” and “OOI_OceanFX.inf”
- Paste these files to the directory Program Files\Ocean Optics\Oceanview\SystemFiles
- Click the Windows button in the lower left corner and type “Device Manager” into the text box. Then select Device Manager from the list of program options.
- In Device Manager, click on “Other Devices”
- Right click on OceanFX and then choose “Browse my computer for driver software”.
- Click the browse button and find the directory \Program Files\Ocean Optics\OceanView\SystemFiles. Once selected, click the Next button.
- Click the Install button.
- Once installed the success window will appear. Click the Close button.
- Open OceanView and it will now recognize the OceanFX.