Order of operations for spectral calculations
Please follow these simple steps for spectral calculations:
- Set Integration Time
- Average multiple scans together (averaging will lower the overall noise for the subsequent steps)
- Subtract Dark (bias) — dark subtraction is important for linearity and stray light correction and has them as close to a zero baseline as is practicable.
3.1. Enable Electrical Dark Correction (if available)
3.2. Take a Dark and a Scope minus Dark
- Correct for detector non-linearity
- Correct for stray light (optional)
- Apply Boxcar Smoothing
- Take a new Dark subtraction
- Start measuring
REMEMBER: If you change the Integration Time or Averaging or Boxcar, you must take a new Dark (Bias) subtraction. This is done, while the Linearity Correction is enabled.