What do I do if I get the error message “The third party INF does not contain digital signature information.” when installing OceanView, OmniDriver, OmniDriver+SPAM, SpectraSuite, or Overture on my Windows 8 or 8.1 PC?
Windows 8 has a “driver signature enforcement” feature that is enabled by default. It may be necessary to disable it.
- In Windows 8, click the “Power” button to get to its menu.
- Press the <Shift> key and click restart at the same time.
- You will get a screen that says “Choose an option.” Select “Troubleshoot.”
- In the “Troubleshoot” screen, select “Advanced Options.”
- In the “Advanced Options” screen, select “Startup Settings.”
- In the “Startup Settings” screen, click the “Restart” button.
- After the PC restarts, select item (7) Disable driver signature enforcement.”
- You should now be able to install the Windows device driver successfully. If not, please see related FAQs regarding 64-bit Windows Device Driver Issues.