What is the “Z” dimension of Ocean Optics cuvette holders?
The “Z” dimension is the optical height for placement of the light beam transmitting through the cuvette, and is especially important with small-volume sampling.
Our holders have a “Z” dimension of 15 mm, except the USB-ISS-UV-VIS-2, which has the “Z” dimension of 10 mm.
The CUV-QPOD Temperature Controlled Cuvette Holders have the “Z” dimension of 8.5 mm.
- Why choose quartz cuvettes instead of plastic cuvettes?
- What considerations should I take when handling cuvettes?
- Can I use the collimating lenses in the cuvette holder assembly for other applications?
- Why are there fittings on the base of the cuvette holder?
- I’d like to use one of the cuvette covers to block ambient light in my setup. Which option should I choose?