The DH-2000-BAL is the world’s only balanced deuterium halogen source. It uses innovative filtering technology to produces smooth spectrum across entire range. This same technology eliminates the alpha deuterium line in the visible region. Using a combination of deuterium and halogen lamps, the DH-2000 is flexible and ideal for measuring a sample that has multiple features in different spectral regions or for analyzing a variety of different samples in your lab.
All deuterium sources have an alpha line, a sharp spectral feature centered at 655 nm. This feature and other deuterium lines produce “unbalanced” output in the deuterium and halogen sources. Simply adjusting the integration time of the spectrometer to suppress the alpha line does not solve the problem as the efficiency of the system at UV wavelengths drops significantly, compromising signal-to-noise performance.
A system of proprietary internal mirrors and filters to eliminate the D-alpha, D-beta and Fulcher lines in the deuterium source, producing a “smoother” spectrum across the entire wavelength range and eliminating problems associated with saturation. By comparison, most combination UV-NIR sources can be adjusted for relative intensity only.
All models of the DH-2000-BAL include easy-to-replace bulbs, keeping your measurements going with fast lamp changes.
- Innovative filtering eliminates D-alpha line in deuterium source
- Balanced output from 215 to 2500 nm eliminates problems associated with saturation
- Powerful and stable deuterium (25 W) and halogen lamps (20 W) in a single light source
- An integrated shutter helps protect light-sensitive samples
- Easy-to-replace, pre-aligned bulbs increase productivity
Included with the Product:
- Power cord
- UV safety goggles