The DH-3plus series of calibrated UV-Vis-NIR light sources can be used to calibrate the absolute spectral response of a spectrometer system. Using these light sources and Ocean Optics software, you can determine absolute intensity values — to a high degree of accuracy — at wavelengths from 210-2400 nm. The DH-3P series light sources are specifically calibrated for use with a cosine corrector.
This series offers 3.8% – 7.7% uncertainty at region 230 – 1000 nm with the option to select an extended calibration to 2400 nm. These sources also feature an integrated shutter controlled by either TTL pulses or manually on the front of the instrument. The internal shutter blocks light completely from the sampling device, providing the most accurate dark measurements.
Balanced calibration sources
The DH-3P-BAL-CAL is the world’s only balanced deuterium halogen calibration source. A system of proprietary internal mirrors and filters eliminate the D-alpha, D-beta and Fulcher lines in the deuterium source This produces a “smoother” spectrum across the entire wavelength range and producing a more reliable calibration.
NOTE: Calibrated sources typically provide about 50 hours of operation before requiring recalibration, so they are not intended for use as an illuminant in day-to-day measurements. Recalibration service is available. As an alternative to purchasing a calibration source, we can perform an in-house calibration of your spectrometer system with our SPEC-CAL-UV service.
- Stable deuterium and tungsten halogen sources provide consistent output for the most reliable data.
- DH-3plus models offer the lowest uncertainty values for the highest accuracy and include an integrated shutter for accurate dark measurements.
- Balanced output from 230-2400 nm produces a more accurate calibration.
- Digital calibration data can be loaded into Ocean Optics software for absolute intensity data.
Included with the product:
- Power cord
- UV safety goggles
- CC-3 Cosine Corrector
- Barrel adapter for SMA 905 Connectors (fibers)
- Digital calibration data – lamp calibration files
- Paper calibration data and certificate
These sources are calibrated using a procedure and documentation patterned after the ISO 17025, IEC Guide 115 and JCGM100:2008 (GUM) protocols. Our calibration laboratory is not accredited to ISO 17025, IEC Guide 115 or JCGM100:2008 (GUM) protocols. However, we provide rigorous calibration documentation, upon request, for our DH-3plus sources that makes use of measurement protocols for these standards. Therefore, many customers are able to take the documentation we provide and integrate these calibrated sources into their regulated processes.