Prices may vary, see options below
Real-time spectral acquisition and analysis
Find Out What’s New in OceanView 1.6.5
(release notes coming soon)
OceanView is our flagship desktop spectroscopy application. Available for Windows, MacOS and Linux, it provides full control of all Ocean Optics spectrometers. OceanView is the recommended software for use with Ocean Optics spectrometers.
OceanView provides numerous automated Wizards ready to walk you through complex spectroscopy and color processing tasks. Just select the task you wish to perform (absorbance, Raman, colormetrics etc), and intuitive forms will walk you through each step in data collection and process configuration.
Beyond simple “scope mode” visualization, OceanView allows you to generate, edit and export complete spectral process flow diagrams using a natural “schematic” dataflow. Anyone familiar with LabVIEW or similar tools will be instantly at ease in this straightforward diagram-based process model.
Create, configure, and connect schematic nodes to read data from devices, transform and combine that data through a library of built-in spectroscopic functions, and then output the results to visual graphs and Excel-ready CSV files.
From Our Series “Schematic of the Month”
- Measuring Beer Color with OceanView
- OceanView Spectroscopy Software and Chemical Kinetics
- OceanView Spectroscopy Software and Delta E Color Difference
- OceanView Spectroscopy Software and Analysis of Edible Oils
- Determining the Concentration of DNA
- Real-time Monitoring of pH, Nutrients and PAR in Aquaponics
- Measuring Curcumin Concentration Using Absorbance Spectroscopy
- LED Color and Photometry Measurements
Plotting a spectrum as intensity-vs-wavelength is handy for quick tests and troubleshooting, but increasingly customers are looking past “raw data” to real answers. OceanView provides a wealth of integrated color-processing features to help you quickly compute CCT, CRI, u’v’, L*a*b* and other color models on-the-fly.
Whether you need to carefully capture events at faster-than-human timescales, or if you just want to leave an extended test running over a 3-day weekend, OceanView is able to log the data you need for post-action analysis. Spectra can be saved singly as snapshots, or streamed to a continually-growing table which can be opened directly to Excel for evaluation and charting. You can save full spectra in either mode, or select specific wavelengths or ranges for focused strip-charts over time.
|Operating Systems||Windows XP/7/8, MacOS X 10.6+, Linux 32/64|
|Communication Buses||USB (all models), RS232 (QEPro and STS), Ethernet (Jaz)|
OceanView Minimum System Requirements
|Monitor resolution:||1024 X 768 or higher|
|RAM:||1.5 GB or higher|
|Processor:||Intel Core II Duo @ 1.4 GHz or better
Intel Core Duo @ 2.0 GHz or better
AMD Athlon Neo X2 @ 1.6 GHz or better
Intel Atom @ 2.13 GHz or better
AMD Athlon 64 x2 @ 1.7 GHz or better
|HD Space:||300 MB free space|
|Note:||Most processors produced in 2010 and later should work well with OceanView.|
Follow the links below to access the appropriate software for your operating system.
After installation, it will start in OceanView Lite with minimal features.
If using the 10-day free trial, please do the following:
- Go into its main menu under Help / Licensing.
- Click the “Activate full version trial period.
If you have a product key and wish to activate:
- Go into its main menu under Help / Licensing.
- Enter your product key and click the “Activate” button.
Measurement Techniques in which this product is used:
- I cannot get the Ocean FX to work with OceanView using Windows 7.
- How do I set up the y-axis precision from the default 2 decimal places to 4 or 5 in OceanView?
- How do I find projects saved in previous versions of OceanView after upgrading to version 1.5.2?
- Can I use OceanView on tablet computers?
- MSVCR71.DLL not found
- Uninstalling OceanView Completely
- Legacy USB2000 not recognized on Windows 8.x or 10
- Order of operations for spectral calculations
- How do I get a password for software installation?
- Why can’t my computer locate the drivers when I install the Windows version of OceanView, OmniDriver, OmniDriver+SPAM, SpectraSuite, or Overture?
- Can I use a 32-bit version of SpectraSuite or OceanView software on my 64-bit Windows operating system?
- What do I do if I get the error message “The third party INF does not contain digital signature information.” when installing OceanView, OmniDriver, OmniDriver+SPAM, SpectraSuite, or Overture on my Windows 8 or 8.1 PC?
- How do I load an OceanView file into Analyze IQ Lab software?
- How does OceanView software combine the UV and Visible calibration results for a deuterium-tungsten halogen source?
- Can I still use the OOIBase32 software I received originally?