Cross-Platform Full-Featured Device Driver
Out of stock
OmniDriver is Ocean’s premier device driver platform for control of all Ocean Optics spectrometers. With it you can configure acquisition parameters, retrieve spectra, set triggering options, and the like.
OmniDriver is available for both 32- and 64-bit versions of Windows (XP/7/8), Linux (32/64-bit), and MacOS X. OmniDriver can be called from Java (via OmniDriver.jar), .NET languages including C# and Visual Basic .NET (via NETOmniDriver.DLL), C/C++ (via DLL, .so, and .dylib respectively). Other .NET-capable frameworks like LabVIEW are also supported, as are tools supporting Java .jars (MATLAB). Please note that we do not provide a wrapper interface (DLL) for MATLAB. We only offer tools supporting Java .jar files that will allow you to work in conjunction with MATLAB.
Sample code is provided for various languages at the following links. You can also download a full Sample Pack of OmniDriver samples written for these and other languages, and many compiler versions.
- Java samples
- C# samples
- Visual Basic .NET samples
- Visual Basic 6 (COM) samples
- LabVIEW 2012 samples
- Delphi samples
- Excel samples
Using OmniDriver, you can do these and more on supporting spectrometers:
- read spectrometer model and serial number
- set integration time, scan averaging and boxcar
- read spectra (intensity and wavelengths)
- read and write calibration coefficients (wavelength and linearity)
- configure corrections for electrical dark, linearity and stray light
- set trigger modes
- set single and continuous strobe options
- read bench, grating, and detector settings
- control data buffering
- command attached light sources
- configure thermal-electric cooling
- read and set GPIO pins
- load and save irradiance calibration
- communicate over the internal SPI and I2C bus
- Available for Windows XP/7/8, MacOS, and Linux (32/64-bit architectures)
- Accessible from Java, .NET (C#, VBNet, VBA, F#), C/C++, LabVIEW, MATLAB, Delphi, others
- Supports all Ocean Optics USB spectrometers, including QEPro, Ventana and Maya-LSL
- Free redistributable version for royalty-free customer applications
Don’t see the version you need? Contact us.
- What command-line arguments does the OmniDriver installer accept?
- Order of operations for spectral calculations
- How do I get a password for software installation?
- Why can’t my computer locate the drivers when I install the Windows version of OceanView, OmniDriver, OmniDriver+SPAM, SpectraSuite, or Overture?
- Controlling USB spectrometers from OmniDriver and MATLAB
- OmniDriver Memory Management in Delphi
- Can I use a 32-bit version of SpectraSuite or OceanView software on my 64-bit Windows operating system?
- Why am I getting a “vcredist error” when I install OmniDriver or Overture software?
- What do I do if I get the error message “The third party INF does not contain digital signature information.” when installing OceanView, OmniDriver, OmniDriver+SPAM, SpectraSuite, or Overture on my Windows 8 or 8.1 PC?