Smart pH Cuvettes
Transmissive pH Sensing in a Cuvette
Out of stock
Our 1 cm x 1 cm Smart pH Cuvettes have been embedded with our pH sensing material for convenient transmissive pH measurement of small volume aqueous samples in a field-portable or benchtop absorbance system. Available in PMMA or quartz, they are semi-disposable and require very little maintenance.
These transmissive pH patches are capable of monitoring pH 5 – 9 in liquids, and are ideal for measurements of biological samples, low conductivity samples such as boiler water, and for lake/river/seawater analysis or quality control of contact lens solution.
- Measure Smart pH Cuvettes using a 1 cm pathlength cuvette holder, visible light source and spectrometer (25 – 50 μm slit), and pH software plug-in
- Can be used with any cuvette-based absorbance system
- Quartz cuvette option for special applications like high-temperature measurements or accelerated response time.
- Provided in packages of 1, 8, 50, or 100 cuvettes
- Semi-disposable – can be used multiple times.
- Fast response (90% step response in 10 seconds).
- All cuvettes come with full factory calibration.
Notes on care and use:
- Smart pH Cuvettes should not be removed from the cuvette holder during use. Instead, it is best to use a disposable pipette to add and remove buffer and sample from the cuvette.
- Rinse the Smart pH Cuvettes with fresh buffer or sample before taking a reference or reading. Otherwise, there is risk of contamination from the residue from the last buffer or sample used.
- Smart pH Cuvettes are made of PMMA, and thus incompatible solvents such as acetone should not be exposed to the cuvettes.
- These are available in quartz for high temperature applications. The response time on the quartz is notably faster than the standard PMMA cuvettes.
|Dimensions:||1 cm x 1 cm||1 cm x 1 cm||1 cm x 1 cm||1 cm x 1 cm|
|Temperature range:||0 to 50ºC||0 to 50ºC||0 to 50ºC||0 to 50ºC|
Smart pH Cuvette Performance Specifications
||5 – 9||5 – 9|
|Analytical wavelength:||620 nm||620 nm|
|Baseline correction wavelengths:||509 nm (isosbestic), or >750 nm||509 nm (isosbestic), or >750 nm|
|Accuracy:||0.05 pH unit (full calibration)||0.05 pH unit (full calibration)|
|Resolution:||0.01 pH unit||0.01 pH unit|
|Response time:||90% step response in 10 seconds||TBD|
|Factory calibration:||Included with all cuvettes||Included with all cuvettes|
|Calibration requirements (minimum):||Calibration reset: 3 buffers (pH 1, 8, 11)||Calibration reset: 3 buffers (pH 1, 8, 11)|
|Full user calibration: 6 buffers||Full user calibration: 6 buffers|
|Sterilization:||Gamma radiation, EtO (ethylene oxide)||Gamma radiation, EtO (ethylene oxide)|
|Discrete stability(lifetime):||Reusable. Dispose when absorbance at pH 11 < 0.1 (assumes pH 1 reference)||Reusable. Dispose when absorbance at pH 11 < 0.1 (assumes pH 1 reference)|
|Temperature compensation:||Van’t Hoff correlation, used for both discrete measurement pH correction and continuous pH correction.||Van’t Hoff correlation, used for both discrete measurement pH correction and continuous pH correction.|
Measurement Techniques in which this product is used: