E-commerce Terms & Conditions
- All online sales are based on U.S. dollars unless stated otherwise.
- All prices are subject to change without notice.
- Ocean Optics reserves the right to alter or terminate the terms of this commitment at any time, without notice. All other applicable terms and conditions are still in effect.
- Online payment terms: We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express credit cards.
- Shipping terms:
EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST, AFRICA: Ex Works (EXW), Ostfildern, Germany
AMERICAS, ASIA, AUSTRALIA, OCEANIA: Ex Works (EXW), Winter Park, Florida, USA
Definition of “Ex Works” as stated by International Chamber of Commerce (ICC): “Ex Works” means that the seller delivers when it places the goods at the disposal of the buyer at the seller’s premises or at another named place (i.e., works, factory, warehouse, etc.). The seller does not need to load the goods on any collecting vehicle, nor does it need to clear the goods for export, where such clearance is applicable. For more information visit ICC.
All shipments are made as per ExWorks 2000; Winter Park, Florida, USA using packaging and shipping methods selected by Ocean Optics. Customers can specify their shipping carrier by selecting their own freight collect account (UPS and FedEx options) in the Cart Checkout Process or by contacting our Sales Department.
Customer is responsible for providing correct shipping address. If the address is incorrect or outdated, the package is typically returned to Ocean Optics by the carrier or the unintended recipient. However, in the event that the product is misplaced or lost due to incorrect shipping details, Ocean Optics is not liable for the cost of product and shipping charges.
Any date of delivery is only an estimate and we will have no liability for late or partial deliveries. We may refuse to fulfill any order for any reason. We have no responsibility for loss or damage to the goods after we have delivered them to any common carrier.
All exports are subject to the jurisdiction of the U.S. Dept. of State, U.S. Dept. of Commerce, and other U.S. governmental organizations. Our commodities, technologies, and software are exported from the U.S. in accordance with applicable U.S. laws and regulations, including the Export Administration Regulations. Re-export or diversion contrary to U.S. law is prohibited.
Ocean Optics does not directly or indirectly sell any products to, nor provide information or services to, individuals or organizations located in or representing the following countries: Afghanistan, Burma (Myanmar), Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Liberia, Libya, North Korea (Democratic People’s Republic of Korea), Sudan, Syria, and Zimbabwe.
Ocean Optics will review on a case-by-case basis orders/quotes in order to be in accordance with all applicable U.S. laws and regulations as aforementioned, but will not provide information or services to, individuals or organizations located in or representing the following countries: Albania, Angola (UNITA), Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Cambodia, China (PR, HK, and Macau), Croatia, Cyprus, Democratic Republic of the Congo, East Timor, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Federal Republic of Yugoslavia, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Haiti, India, Indonesia, Laos, Liberia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Serbia and Montenegro, Sierra Leone, Slovenia, Somalia, Tajikistan, Vietnam, Western Sahara, and Yemen.
Product Availability Estimate Definitions
- Ships within 1 week – The item is available and is expected to ship within a week or less (depending on the shipping option you choose).
- Ships within 2-3 weeks – The item is typically available but may require some assembly and is expected to ship within two weeks or fewer of your order.
DO NOT RETURN ANY ITEM (S) DIRECTLY TO OCEAN OPTICS WITHOUT PRIOR AUTHORIZATION FROM CUSTOMER SERVICE.
- The buyer may return all standard Ocean Optics manufactured items up to 30 days from date of shipment for a refund or credit and will incur up to a 25% restocking fee.
- Any custom configured products or resold items may be returned up to 30 days from date of shipment for a refund or credit, and will incur a 50% restocking fee.
- Please check your order for accuracy; changes after 24 hours will incur build change fees.
- All software sales are final.
The Ocean Optics warranty remains in effect for the specified period from the date of purchase from Ocean Optics. This comprehensive warranty guarantees you of the highest level of craftsmanship and reliability for years to come. The Ocean Optics 3-Year Warranty applies to Ocean Optics equipment (excluding OEM configurations) purchased on or after July 1, 2010 (See WARRANTY COVERAGE). Unless otherwise stated, all OEM products have a one year warranty. The warranty covers parts and labor needed to repair manufacturing defects that occur during the warranty period.
WHO IS PROTECTED BY THIS WARRANTY
This Ocean Optics warranty protects the original owner only.
- Spectrometers, light sources, sampling accessories – regardless of the application are covered for manufacturing defects for three (3) years from the date of purchase from Ocean Optics.
- STS Spectrometers and the STS Developers Kit are covered for manufacturing defects for twelve (12) months from the date of purchase from Ocean Optics.
- Fibers and probes* are covered for manufacturing defects for twelve (12) months from the date of purchase from Ocean Optics.
- Repairs and upgrades are covered for manufacturing defects for six (6) months from the date of purchase from Ocean Optics.
*Please check all fiber assemblies and probes when you receive them. All optical fibers, patch cords and probes must be checked for breakage by the customer when received. We cannot honor claims for breakage after two weeks from customer receipt.
PRODUCTS NOT COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY
Bulbs, batteries, consumables and vendor items are not covered by this Ocean Optics Limited Warranty. In the case of vendor items, the manufacturer’s warranty terms are in force and vary from product to product. Please contact Ocean Optics for more details on vendor or resold products or any other exclusion.
CAUSES NOT COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY
- Normal wear
- Scratching and cosmetic damage not affecting the performance
- Damage caused by accident
- Misuse (such as using an incorrect power supply or applying power incorrectly)
- Product modification or neglect
- Damage occurring during shipment (which would be typically covered under the shipper’s common carrier insurance),
- Damage resulting from the performance of repairs by someone not authorized by Ocean Optics to provide repairs,
- Installation of parts that do not conform to Ocean Optics specifications,
- Units not used for their intended purpose,
- Any claims made based on misrepresentations of the seller and costs associated with installation of the unit
Please make sure you are familiar with the instrument or product prior to use and contact us with any questions.
Ocean Optics’ liability is limited to the repair or the replacement, at our option, of any defective item and shall not include incidental or inconsequential damages whatsoever.
Ocean Optics reserves the right to replace a discontinued model with a functionally comparable model.
TO OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICES
If you require warranty service, please contact the Customer Service Department of Ocean Optics at +1 727-733-2447 (US) or +31 26-3190500 (EMEA), during regular business hours.